Monday, April 22, 2013

So I realize that college is supposed to help us. But it's so expensive, by the time I get out of school completely I'll be over $50,000 in debt. If people said growing up was fun, or wasn't scary at all... They lied to you. It's terrifying, I'm terrified. I, sometimes, don't understand and can't fathom why people make it so necessary to have a degree in some sort to have a decent paying job. But not enough to live off of, have a family and pay off all of your debt from school. I want to get educated and have the career I have been dreaming of all my life, don't get me wrong. I just don't know how I am going to do this. I am taking this one step at a time I suppose only being 19. I am young and I know that I can do this. I am ready for what life puts me through, I'm just scared of the future because you, yourself can only control but so much. I am fortunate enough that my father spent 22 years in the military and earned the GI Bill, and used some of it for his school, and granted me and my sister, MacKenzie about 2 free years of school which I'm using on Richard Bland. Then will start applying for grants and pelgrants. And what doesn't cover my tuition of those I will start taking out student loans and will pay those off. I guess we all just gotta do our best. Unfortunately I get very angry when I fight to go to school and do my best. We have students who don't do anything and get help from scholarships and don't have any desire to be in school. Whereas I am fighting to be in it, and WANT to be in it. And they are taking my oppurtunies away from me. Or where their daddies and mommies make enough to send them to school and they take scholarships away from those who need it more. That is my rant about this for now... Goodbye all!


Always,
Kaci Dee

3 comments:

  1. That is exactly what i am saying..college is very expensive and life is stressing and full of challenge. But i guess that is part of growing up. you are lucky thou ,at least you got 2 years of education with out a pay..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say I am lucky, I think so too. But my dad has almost died multiple multiple times over seas. I may be lucky but this did not come for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunate and lucky are two different things though. My father had to do a lot to get this. We aren't lucky, just fortunate.

    ReplyDelete